Workplace English 1
In this course, students will develop their workplace presentation skills through lectures, projects and presentations. Activities will include listening to lectures in class, doing research on and analyzing companies, and giving presentations in the classroom.
- Learn basic business terminology and key phrases.
- Understand core business concepts related to marketing, organizational management and finance.
- Discuss current business topics.
Download a course syllabus here.
- Course textbook: Intermediate Market Leader (3rd edition) by David Cotton, David Falvey, and Simon Kent (Pearson Publishing) ISBN: 9781408236956
- Other materials will be provided by the instructor in the classroom.
Assessment and grading
- Classroom participation (30%)
- Mid-term examination (30%)
- Final examination (40%)
- Test Absence Policy