Academic Lecture Comprehension 2
This course builds on the skills and knowledge developed in Academic Lecture Comprehension 1. In this course, students will further improve their academic listening, note-taking, and summary writing skills through the study of English lectures with the information structured in ways common in science and engineering. Activities will include listening to lectures in class, taking structured notes, asking and answering questions, and writing summaries.
- Comprehend lectures delivered in English.
- Take structured notes of a lecture.
- Ask questions about the contents of a lecture.
- Write a paragraph-long lecture summaries.
- Attain a 2000-word vocabulary.
Download a generic course syllabus [coming soon]
Supplementary resources are available from the Academic Lecture Comprehension 2 course page on Waseda Moodle.
- Textbook: Academic Lecture Comprehension 2 (2023). Tokyo, Japan: DTP Publishers.
Assessment and grading
- Lecture Test 1 & 2
- Final Vocabulary Test
- Class Participation (Unit Quizzes, Q&A, Paragraph writing)
- Student performance record sheet will be available on the Waseda Moodle course page.
- Test Absence Policy