Communication Strategies 2
This course is designed to develop the skills students need in everyday conversations, and more serious discussions. Students will develop their communication skills building on what they have learned in Communication Strategies 1. Emphasis will be placed on developing speaking and listening fluency, important communication structures, and communication strategies through individual learning, pair work, and group work. Time will also be spent on expression of opinions and developing a basic 2000 word-level vocabulary.
- Develop speaking fluency and accurate pronunciation.
- Learn conversation structures and review relevant grammar.
- Use appropriate communication strategies.
- Critically think scientific and social issues and logically present ideas
- Develop deep knowledge of 2000 word level vocabulary.
Download a generic course syllabus here.
Specific details related to each teacher are available on the Waseda Moodle course page.
- Textbook: Communication Strategies 2 (Fourth Edition). C. Sheppard, M. Fujii, E. Manalo, H. Masuda, Y. Shinohara, N. Tanaka-Ellis, and Y. Ueno. (2017) DTP Publishing.
- Weekly vocabulary lists
Assessment and grading